Considered by industry leaders to be the preeminent transportation law firm, Scopelitis, Garvin, Light, Hanson & Feary is the only full-service, multi-office law firm in the country dedicated to transportation and related industries. The Firm’s more than 5,000 transportation-related clients span the country and around the globe. Firm clients range from most of the major Fortune 500 transportation companies to many smaller, family-owned businesses.
With offices strategically located in many major cities throughout the United States to meet the needs of our national client base, the Firm offers advice and counsel to companies in virtually every segment of the transportation industry.
Because Scopelitis attorneys, individually and collectively, have worked with a laser focus in one arena for decades, the Firm can be nimble in its ability to evolve with the industry and our clients’ needs. Scopelitis began as a regulatory law firm in the 1970s and has grown to have over 35 practice areas.
When advising clients, Scopelitis attorneys draw upon their vast experiences counseling companies in the transportation industry. We are actively engaged in the industry to ensure we offer in-depth, current, innovative, business-minded solutions. Such involvement includes working closely with many transportation-related organizations, presenting on cutting-edge topics to transportation-industry audiences of all sizes, sponsoring events and initiatives, serving on committees and boards, publishing articles, attending conferences, interacting with members of the media, and more.
Scopelitis attorneys are committed to accessible, responsive service, including a 24/7/365 approach to client relationships. Our attorneys are readily available to assist clients when the need arises. Whether clients require answers to pending legal questions or need direction on preventative strategies before problems occur, Scopelitis offers knowledgeable, efficient, and practical advice on virtually any issue in the industry.
- Airforwarders Association
- American Moving & Storage Association (AMSA)
- American Trucking Associations (ATA)
- Association of Transportation Law Professionals
- California Trucking Association (CTA)
- Canadian Transport Lawyers Association
- Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA)
- Conference of Freight Counsel
- Customized Logistics and Delivery Association (CLDA)
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Defense Trial Counsel of Indiana (DTCI)
- Global Cold Chain Alliance (GCCA)
- Harbor Trucking Association (HTA)
- Illinois Trucking Association (ITA)
- Indiana Motor Truck Association (IMTA)
- International Association of Refrigerated Warehouses (IARW)
- International Refrigerated Transportation Association (IRTA)
- International Warehouse Logistics Association (IWLA)
- Michigan Defense Trial Counsel, Inc.
- Michigan Trucking Association (MTA)
- National Association of Professional Employee Organizations (NAPEO)
- National Tank Truck Carriers (NTTC)
- National Home Delivery Association (NHDA)
- North American Transportation Employee Relations (NATERA)
- North American Transportation Services Association (NATSA)
- Ontario Trucking Association
- Specialized Carriers & Rigging Association (SC&RA)
- Southeastern Warehouse Association (SWA)
- Texas Trucking Association (TXTA)
- Transportation Club of Detroit
- Transportation Intermediaries Association (TIA)
- Transportation Lawyers Association (TLA)
- Transportation & Logistics Council (TLC)
- Trucking Industry Defense Association (TIDA)
- Truckload Carriers Association (TCA)
- Truck Renting & Leasing (TRALA)
- Windsor Transportation Club, Inc.
- Wisconsin Motor Carriers Association (WMCA)
- Women in Trucking Association (WTA)
- Workers' Compensation Lawyers Association (WCLA)
With our principal office located in Indianapolis - widely known as the “Crossroads of America” - and other offices located coast to coast, we are easily accessible to clients nationwide